Writing Thank-you Notes and Addressing Envelopes is an area that we always seem to get a lot of questions about. Here are a few pointers to help you brush up on your skills!
[frame_right alt="" title=""]https://wordpress-470789-1525050.cloudwaysapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Thank-you-Note.jpg[/frame_right]
- Keep your note short and simple.
- Emphasize the gratitude and interest in the job, gift, favor, or invitation.
- You should plan to send a note within 24 hours.
- Write clearly and carefully in your very best penmanship. If your penmanship is truly terrible, you may type your note on the computer.
- Write the date at the bottom of the note in the left-hand corner.
- Proofread your note thoroughly before sending.
[frame_right alt="" title=""]https://wordpress-470789-1525050.cloudwaysapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Envelope11.jpg[/frame_right]
- When addressing an envelope to a boy thirteen or younger, use “Master.” After he is thirteen, the envelope is addressed using “Mr.”
- When writing a girl who is not married and under the age of 18, address the envelope using “Miss.”
- Use “Ms.” if she is not is married and older than 18.
- When writing a lady in business use “Ms.”
- When writing a lady who is married use “Mrs.”
- When addressing an envelope to a married couple use “Mr. and Mrs.”
- The return address is always positioned on the back flap of the envelope. Just the street address and the city/state are necessary.