In honor of January as National Thank-you month, we thought it would be fun to let you check your correspondence knowledge with a QUIZ. Good luck!
TRUE OR FALSE
- Thank-you notes should be written within one week, preferably three days.
- When you receive an invitation with an RSVP, you should respond within twenty-four hours, if possible, and definitely within three days.
- "Regrets" need not be attended to with the same speed as acceptances.
- An invitation that is made orally, either in person or via telephone, requires a handwritten response.
- Start the note off with a salutation followed by the person’s name. ex: Dear John
- A “proper” thank-you note has four sentences.
- Write the date at the bottom of the note in the right-hand corner.
- Always sign your letters and postcards with your first and last name.
- An envelope should be addressed with just the person’s first and last name. ex: Molly Cooper
- A return address on an envelope is not really necessary.
- A return address should always appear on the back flap of the envelope.
- True & False